Review of Taylor Swift's Albums Part 1

Assalamualaikum and hello dear readers ! Actually I'm back on blogging after stopped doing it for around three or four years , I guess? I had series of failed attempts on designing my blog and somehow I found that it was too exhausting so I stopped doing it .

Actually my intro got nothing to do with my firsttttttt post for today . It's just a brief explanation on why I am back on blog again. :). ( ps : sorry for any grammatical mistakes , I'm not that good in writing but I try my best :) )

Lets get started !

 As you can read on my profile , I'm a big fan of Tay Tay aka Taylor Swift .  So now , here is the review of all of her albums , yes ALL. But , this is just my opinion of being a Swiftie for nine years. This is based on what I have listened so my opinion is going to be based on my preferences on what I like or dislike. Enjoy !


1. Taylor Swift ( self-titled album )

                                     


I only came to know about this album actually only after listening to her second album ( ironic,  I know ) . She released this album on 2006 at the age of 16 . Pretty impressive actually considering the fact that at the age of 16 , I don't know at all how to play any musical instruments , let alone to write any song while she already got her first album . Among top 3 favourite songs on this album are  :


  • . Teardrops on My Guitar    

this song is really nostalgic for me since I listened to it for the first time when I was twelve. The lyrics are about a guy who likes another girl while Taylor clearly got a crush on him but sadly he doesn't know. this song really reminds me of my high school years.



  •  Tied Together with A Smile 

when I first listened to this song , it made me think ' how come a 16 year old girl can write such hella good lyrics ? ' . The lyrics that truly stuck in my head are " I guess love was all you wanted , cause you give it away like it's extra change. Hoping it will end up in his pocket , but he leaves you out like a penny in the rain , cause it's not his price to pay :( " . Damn , how true these lyrics are , they went straight to my head and heart and pierced like an arrow because that's what the reality is. 


  •  Cold As You   
- another heartbreak song . But , not just any other song . Listening to this song can take me back to years and years before when I was so naive about relationships . This song clearly speaks what I can't say ."Just walk away , no use defending words that you will never say ", this totally hits me like a truck. A simple song with powerful lyrics . 


 2. Fearless

                              


The album that got Taylor a Grammy's for Album of the Year and Kanye West up to the stage and dissatisfied with the winning of this album. By the way ,  I really love the cover of this album . It is a huge jump from her first album that showcases her young and innocent face to her being bold and just like the title , FEARLESS. I really loved the way her hair is like blown and she turned to the other side , facing away the camera. Classic . I read somewhere that her brother , Austin was the one that photographed this for the album cover . This album holds so many of my favourite songs of all time and it is actually what introduces me to the country music . Just like the first album , my favourite top 3 songs are :


  • Love Story  

LEGEND. This is the only thing that comes in my mind , the only adjective that perfectly describes this song . Anyone can easily recognize this song just by listening to the first few strums of the guitar in the beginning. Everybody knows this song ( well I'm pretty sure due to its popularity ) , including her haters I must say :) . The fact that she wrote this song in less than half an hour really blows my mind. A song that describes the forbidden love of Taylor and the guy she likes and is compared to be the same just like Romeo and Juliet.

  •  You Belong With Me 

" she wears high heels , I wear sneakers. She's cheer captain and I'm on the bleachers " . Man , who can forget these lyrics ? These are actually the lines that make me want to listen to this song till the end and find out who the singer is , which ends up as me being a Swiftie. The music video which sets in high school of a girl having a crush for a football captain but he got a crush for the captain of the cheerleader team. Pretty much complicated but interesting enough to be put into a song.

  • Fifteen 

I still remember that I listened to this song on my way to school during my first day being a 15 year-old high school student. This song truly captures the feeling of being a sophomore in a high school , falling in love and basically the lyrics are what you will tell to your 15 year-old self if you are being given a chance to travel back in time and meet your old self.


Okay , here is the end of part 1 . See you soon in Part 2 ! Goodbye and have a nice day !





                       

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Shades of Halcyon Blog Design by Ipietoon